[ExI] Women

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 04:53:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM, F. C. Moulton <moulton at moulton.com> wrote:

 Consider
> that in India where according to my understanding there already is a
> female to male mismatch and young girls and women still do not have
> social equality.  Are you arguing that making the situation more
> imbalanced will somehow change the social dynamic?

### The right question to ask here is not whether women have it good
in today's India but whether they have it *better* than before the
introduction of gender-specific abortions. Remember, the Subcontinent
started out with the suttee, and now is already at the Bollywood
stage. I do believe that the law of supply and demand works, no matter
whether we are talking about the value of turnips or humans.

Rafal