[ExI] Unilateralist

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 14:51:01 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> My rule of thumb is to tolerate those who tolerate me, and by transitivity
> try to tolerate those they tolerate if they try to tolerate me transitively.
> The result is a giant connected component of tolerance that seems to include
> most fair-minded people.
>
> Maybe one can do the same thing with people who are "rational" in the sense
> that I judge their reasoning and aims to be a good enough approximation of
> rational, even if we disagree on values.

How does one prove they should or should not be included into this
circle of trust?

What does it take for a friend of mine to become a friend of ours?  -
or as you expressed, a mutually-tolerated via transitivity candidate
with differing values become a mutually-tolerated epistemic peer with
differing values?