[ExI] Women

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Fri Dec 28 19:26:10 UTC 2012

and Fred wrote:

>Having a full understanding of a situation might
>be the first step in avoiding a project which has an undesired outcome.

As we here know, the response of a person, economy, or society
to a given input is apt to not be what a naïve analysis suggests.
I'm skeptical that the outcome will be precisely what we set out to
achieve, however much we've researched and thought about the
problem.

Experiments seem worthwhile. Perhaps starting with a smaller
place, like Madagascar or Haiti, with fewer external influences.

Rather than the spontaneous order of my laptop suggestion,
another direction is top-down, through a benevolent despot. I'm
thinking of all the ways Atatürk changed Turkey in about 15-20
years, some of which markedly improved the status of women.

-- David.