[ExI] College 2.0

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 31 00:35:03 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of David Lubkin
Subject: [ExI] College 2.0

There are changes afoot in college education. We've been in an obscene cycle
for decades. ...
<http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-12-10/finance/35714989_1_college-tuiti
on-nonprofit-colleges-public-colleges>
-- David.

Thanks David, I have been watching this closely.  We know that college costs
have gone from high to higher to absurd.  We saw Sebastian Thrun offer a
class in a format which is actually better than being present in the
classroom in several important ways, but without offering credentials for
the successful student.  Clearly there is something in-between, with huge
amounts of money to be made.  Someone should be offering online courses with
some form of credential or degree or means of verifying the student's skill
level.

It is a great tragedy when perfectly good money goes unmade.