[ExI] Fwd: Wrestling with Embodiment

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Wed Feb 1 12:57:54 UTC 2012

On 1 Feb 2012, at 11:07, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not a black and white thinker by any means. I'm more of an
> optimist than a pessimist, for what that's worth, but I think there
> will be plenty of challenges in any future I can conceive of. I do
> think that humanity has an endowment for whatever comes next, and I
> think it would be a real tragedy if they didn't get most of the gifts
> that we have to give them

You know, this may sound like a cop-out - hopefully the fact that it's
heartfelt will make up for that - but I completely agree with everything
you've said in reply. Good answer! ;-)

My only caveat would be that, I know you were talking about Christian
notions of heaven, but I think we need to be very careful about "hangovers"
from monotheist thought (as Stefano might say) unduly influencing rational
consideration of bio-engineering & Abolitionist ideas.

All the Best-

*ZERO STATE* <http://zerostate.net/>
RADICAL DEMOCRATIC FUTURISM
*http://zerostate.net*