[ExI] Chemical Origins of Life (was Re: Panbiogenesis)

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 05:14:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Question... we have found martian rocks in Antarctica. Have we found
> moon rocks there too? Seems more probable, but I've never heard of
> such a thing. ... some time later... that Mr. Google is a smart
> fellow...
> http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/moon_meteorites.htm
> Seems the answer is yes, but strangely moon meteors are apparently not
> more common than mars meteors. There are about 150 of them known, and
> many have fascinating stories. One is even believed to have come from
> the moon in the last several hundred years. That's pretty cool to this
> ex-Hoosier.

Bad form replying to myself, but this is just TOO COOL... at least to me...

Apparently, in 2009, the Cook Islands released a $5 coin that actually
embedded a piece of one of these lunar asteroids. It commemorates the
40th anniversary of the US landing on the moon and the 50th
anniversary of the russians orbiting the dark side of the moon with
Luna III. So you can buy an actual piece of the moon in one of
these... sorry, as kelly coin guy, I just have to bring up a coin
connection when there is one. Sadly, it's not cheap.. LOL.

Here is the actual coin, for sale on Ebay.
http://bit.ly/y0PD7s

They have other coins with pieces of asteroids in them too...
including, one from a martian meteorite:
http://bit.ly/AF1eIN
This one's cheaper... lol

And a meteor that hit Europe in the late 1800s, perhaps more...

Sorry, just had to share...

-Kelly