[ExI] The existence of Jesus (Was: Political Origins of Life)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:24:57 UTC 2012

2012/2/6 Kryonica <kryonica at gmail.com>

> Yes, except that Joshua of Nazareth was probably more charismatic than the
> average Mr Jones of his days, and that is why the guys around him who
> believed in him went berserk when they killed him - especially as it
> probably happened quite unexpectedly and quite quickly: he went to the
> Temple on some business, was arrested, tried and died.

Yes, I am myself tentatively inclined to believe that in this sense he
"existed".

*B*ut my point was that once you know so little about the actual
relationship between a given individual and the stories told a couple of
centuries later about him (perhaps even merging memories related to
different people to a well-established mythological legacy) the question of
whether he existed does not really admit an answer, one way or for that
matter another, because you do not even know, contrary to what is
applicable to, say, Alexander the Great, who you are talking about.

--
Stefano Vaj