[ExI] Drinking

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 18:36:05 UTC 2012

> From: "spike" <spike66 at att.net>
>
> >... On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson
>
> There are of course the reports that the antioxidants in red
> wine helping
> the French... -Kelly
>

> Kelly, I am assuming you saw this:
>
> http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/01/11/red-wine-researcher-accused-falsify
> ing-data-on-health-benefits/
>
> I haven't heard the rest of the story, but the health
> benefits of red wine
> are again being re-examined carefully.  One of the
> major researchers
> reporting positive results has been accused of falsifying
> data.

That 'French paradox' thing should have the status of an urban myth by now.

It's never been about the wine, it's about the fact that the China study has been thoroughly debunked, yet people still continue to believe its message.

It's no paradox that eating fatty food doesn't make you fat, and doesn't give you heart disease.  You don't have to be French to prove it.  You just have to stop being scared of dietary fat.  And stop taking notice of the USDA.  I don't think it's a stretch to say that they have actually caused the obesity epidemic.

Ben Zaiboc