[ExI] H+ Census- why it matters to know if you matter.

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 04:57:08 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

I doubt the insurance companies will allow themselves to be thwarted by the SCOTUS. If they haven't already lobbied the judges and the SCOTUS does overturn the national mandate, the insurance companies would just spend the extra money to lobby all the state legislatures into adopting clones of the Massuchussetts health care model the way they did for mandatory auto insurance.

> Regarding your original proposal:
>
>> ...Does anybody have a clue how many total people are involved in
> transhumanism-related movements in the United States and worldwide?
>
> How do we define "involved in"?  In the making of a ham and eggs
> breakfast,
> the cow and the chicken are involved, but the pig is committed to it.  I can
> imagine plenty of people are generally favorable to the H+ movement, but
> haven't actually committed personal funds to the matter.

Maybe we should find out how many chickens *and* pigs there are. Cows too since you never know when someone might want steak and eggs instead of ham. I get your point about the funds thing, but maybe there are people holding out to see the movement devlops momentum before they commit. Besides I think that there are other ways to be committed to a movement other than sending in cash.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Stuart LaForge