[ExI] Planets galore!

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 21:58:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:52 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> I pitched the notion to a group of aerospace engineers on 4 November 2011.
> Their unanimous response was "huh?"  Followed by some quick calculations to
> show that yes it is theoretically possible, followed by what the hell
> difference does it make, what we can do 20 million years from now?
>
> Paper available on request, non-serious inquiries only please.  There
> really
> is a pitch however, about 18 MB PowerPoint.  Samantha, do you want to see
> it?

Those engineers were confused because your pitch lacks sufficient examples
of in-flight entertainment and similar amusing distractions.  Perhaps you
could spend a bit more time on the computational power in terms of modern
metrics - like how many Blue-Ray DVD-equivalences you could store or how
many Library of Congresses (LoCs) you can transfer from one side of the
M-Brain to another each second.  Whether you propose that the amount of
speed (per conscious entity) is orders of magnitude faster than humanity is
currently operating or opt instead for the 20 million years to
one subjective hour so you don't get bored on the way... it's personal
preference.  It'd be the cruise of a lifetime... or several million
lifetimes...

Definitely needs more marketing.  Think in terms of 30 second adverts, then
think in terms of 2 second adverts within the 30 second adverts for the
really ADHD.  :)