[ExI] Doomsday Oil Price: (was RIP: Peak Oil)

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Feb 27 13:54:26 UTC 2012

Il 26/02/2012 00:22, spike ha scritto:

> The transition to renewable energy is really
> about fertilizer and powering farm equipment.  That one isn't getting any
> easier, and currently isn't really even being improved.  Everything else has
> technologically easy (even if painful) solutions.

Nuclear (fission or fusion don't really matter) is the solution to this.
With cheap energy, production of fertilizers could be done economically.
Then, if you have cheap energy (heat and electricity) you could start
producing much more agricultural stuff inside the cities and not outside
of them.

The great problem is the huge overhead the cost of the government put on
everything we do. Take this away, in the form of less taxes and
regulations, and many things will become economically profitable to do.

Mirco