[ExI] Doomsday Oil Price: (was RIP: Peak Oil)

James Clement clementlawyer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 20:22:03 UTC 2012

> Micro wrote: "Maybe, the fact they ask and need subsides to sell PV solar
> installations is a give away of the fact solar is costly and not really
> competitive in a free open market."

Let's be fair, Big Oil has been receiving subsidies all along...

 Obama for ending $4 bn annual subsidy to US oil companies

WASHINGTON: Calling for ending the USD 4 billion
subsidies<http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/topic/subsidies> that
theAmerican oil
industry<http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/topic/American%20oil%20industry>
receives
every year, US President<http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/topic/US%20President>
Barack
Obama today asserted there is no quick fixes to challenges of galloping oil
except for adopting the "all-of-the-above" approach.

"A century of subsidies to the oil companies is long enough. It's time to
end taxpayer giveaways to an industry that's never been more profitable,
and use that money to reduce our deficit and double-down on a clean energy
industry that's never been more promising," Obama said in his weekly
address to the nation.
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-02-25/news/31099860_1_gas-prices-oil-companies-oil-reserves

James