[ExI] cool short video

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 17:39:16 UTC 2012

As we trans from who we are to who we will become, we necessarily
bring with us those questions that yet remain unanswered.  The
spiritual reality of beauty is for some all the answer they need, for
others it is a clue, and for others still, a light guiding the way.  I
marvel at the one-of-a-kind nature of our adventure.  Multiverse
speculations notwithstanding, we in our moment, humanity all along the
path of its adventure, and the universe itself from big bang to the
misty "distance" of the future shrouded beyond the veil of Maya,
happens one time only, is just so, no replays, no revisions, no video
tape.  As with all who went before, this is our moment, our one unique
moment, and I would ask how is it that we are so extraordinarily,
uniquely lucky to this be our moment, a moment poised on the brink of
human transformation, poised to seek answers beyond the reach of the
awakened minds of those who came before?  Poised to leap beyond what
we are?  "Lucky, lucky, lucky."

So, my friends, as we enter a new year, the sun returning warmth to
the land, I thank you for being part of my adventure, and I wish you
well.

"To the lucky now, who have lovers and friends
Who move to their sweet undiscovered ends,
Or who the great conspiracy deceives.
I wish these whirling Autumn leaves,
Promontories splashed by the salty sea,
Groaned on in darkness like the tram,
To horizons of love or good luck, or more love."

And Spike, my friend, the experience of beauty is a gift of sentience,
humans are intermittently sentient, and transhumanists are
intermittently human.  Ergo, you submission is fully-freighted with
transhumanist relevance.

Best wishes to all for the new year, Jeff Davis

"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only
think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the
solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
                - Buckminster Fuller