[ExI] Poem

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Jan 5 20:09:51 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 10:02:24AM -0500, Joseph Bloch wrote:

> > I'm too old for these slowtime things.
>
> "Yes, of course, who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not
> ever take time, how can we ever have time?" - The Merovingian, The
> Matrix Reloaded

Do you know why the Matrix was full of shit?

No, I don't mean "using the energy from the human bodies"
in absence of sunlight, combined with a "form of fusion".
You can scoff at scientific illiteracy Hollywood think they
can get away with, but that's only something to make you
cringe and go "oh well".

It's where they keep the monkeys on pods on fully immersive
BCIs but where said monkeys still can outreflex beings
that run on solid state, with a conservative timebase
ratio of at leat a million if not a billion.

And here is where suspension of disbelief completely
explodes cartoon gears and springs all over the place. Finis.