[ExI] super soldier ants

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 10:22:30 UTC 2012

2012/1/6 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
> Muwaaaahaaahahaahahahahahaaaaa…
>

> Hey cool, we could REALLY raise hell with this capability, ja?
>

> http://science.slashdot.org/story/12/01/06/2141232/ants-turned-into-supersoldiers?utm_source=headlines&utm_medium=email
>

> {8-]
>

> Perhaps we shouldn’t however.
>

> {8-[
>

> Maybe.
>

> |8-|
>

> Actually I want to try it.
>

> {8^D

It doesn't seem very dangerous... unless you changed the gene
expression in some way as to not require the hormone treatment during
gestation... THAT would be dangerous.

Can you imagine those killer fire ants down south with this stuff done
to them!?! That would be bad ass!! Wouldn't want a nest of those
around.

These atavistic genes are found in every species... and getting them
to express themselves is interesting. There was a Wired article a
couple of months ago about trying to turn chickens back into little
dinosaurs through an attempt to reactivate atavistic genes (among
other techniques)... That was a cool article too. Every kid wants a
pet dinosaur... perhaps our dinosaur planet will return... LOL  Any
trans-chickenists aboard for that ride?

-Kelly