[ExI] stossel on optimism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 11:56:42 UTC 2012

On 8 January 2012 09:10, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wish I could think of a way to outlaw investments that smart people
> can't understand, but that's getting in the way of liberty.

Yes. Not being really a libertarian myself, this would intolerably reek of
nanny-State policies.

Why should I be allowed to bet my life's savings in a night in Las Vegas
and not engage in an investment "because I do not really understand it",
especially when I can get ruined by perfectly simple, and wrong, business
choices?

I also feel very hostile to measure such the prohibition against
short-selling. Why should this anybody's business but that of the parties
entering into such an arrangement?

What we need is both more radical and less bureaucratic/paternalistic.

--
Stefano Vaj