[ExI] Bees again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jan 14 16:33:42 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] Bees again

On 2012-01-13 22:33, spike wrote:

>...  I am seeing the dying bees down here in my neighborhood in the SF Bay
Area.  The bees do great up there in Oregon.

>...I was actually surprised by the lack of insects when I was around there
last time. Being mildly beetle-obsessed means that I always look for insects
in vegetation I pass, and I didn't see many. Maybe it was a dryness
phenomenon: I encountered a few insects in the hills just north of the
Googleplex, while the Stanford area was barren. Anders Sandberg

Anders, next time you are in town, I know some great bug places.  You need
to go out away from where the city people use far too much insecticide. It
isn't that far from here, but you need to get away from yards and patches of
agriculture.