[ExI] The natural human gait (Re: Barefoot running)

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jan 18 02:32:43 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:29 PM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] The natural human gait (Re: Barefoot running)

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net> wrote:

Speaking as a transhumanist, I've been kinda interested in trying out a
4-toe configuration with two large and two small toes. I would imagine this
would be advantageous for a number of reasons. Obviously, if I'm uploaded
trying this would be impossible because feet wouldn't exist. =(

Uploading would be a feat.  'though virtual feet may be effete for
travelling any actual feet.

Ja, and furthermore uploading would defeet our progress toeward a perfect
physical existence.