[ExI] Wrestling with Embodiment

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Jan 27 23:18:30 UTC 2012

On 27/01/2012 13:38, Ben Zaiboc wrote:
> I don't understand this. Life is computation. Thought is computation.

How do you *know* this?

Suppose I said life and thought was electricity. I would point at cells
and neurons having ion channels and electrical potentials essential for
their function. But I think you would not be convinced that that was a
proper definition of life.

Generally, I think ontological questions tend to be a waste of time. It
is better to try to see if one can replicate various aspects and levels
of systems, learning more about them in the process.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute