[ExI] latest kepler results: there are loooots of planets out there

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Jan 28 12:04:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 04:01:37PM -0800, spike wrote:
> This makes the Fermi Paradox all the more puzzling:
>

> http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/01/27/alien-worlds-abound-nasa-scope-finds-26-alien-planets/

It doesn't at all, since it gives you no data on even
how common primitive life is, nevermind how rare expansive
life is (notice we haven't even starting expanding yet,
though we're tantalizingly close). That circumstellar
orbiting rocks are common enough is not that surprising.

It would be interesting to speculate how the local effects
of retrocausal boundary condition of a future Omega point
would look like. Would it be something like an increasingly
heavy bias on what should be random events, or something
weirder still?

It's too bad Omega point as formulated so far is bunk.