[ExI] electronic voting again

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 07:36:45 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> This time it really is different.  There is a lot riding on this election,
> and if there is suspicious activity and a disputed outcome, we face real
> trouble.  The hell of it is, we are doing this to ourselves intentionally.
> I don’t understand that.

Those with the power to do something about it, do not believe that we
do face real trouble from their shenanigans.  Either their person will
win or lose; they don't think massive civil unrest will result no matter
what happens - and they point to the lack of a major US civil war in
2000 as evidence.

I suspect they are right.  Even if there is evidence of massive vote
fraud that gives either Romney or Obama the win despite a substantial
majority of votes going to the other guy, the worst that is likely to
happen is the same sporadic civil disobedience that has happened
since Obama took office - possibly a little more intense, but barely
something that even registers on their radars.

Now, if we had a president who had actually done a lot more of what
Obama promised back in 2004, and he lost out on a second term in
a way that convinced most people it was due to this kind of fraud,
then we might have a problem.