[ExI] nintendo ds for grownups

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jul 9 14:20:22 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dave Sill

Subject: Re: [ExI] nintendo ds for grownups

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:17 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

  A DS is just the size it could be carried as naturally as a cell phone,
in a pocket

Consider the Dell Streak, an Android (Froyo) minitablet/phone that's now
discontinued and available for cheap. It's 6.0" x 3.1" x 0.4" vs the DS's
5.9" x 3.3" x 1.1". It's got an 800 × 480 display an a 1 GHz Snapdragon CPU.
And it would double as a phone/camera/satnav/etc.  -Dave

Thanks Dave!  I will look at that.  So far, an iPhone is hard to beat.  It
isn’t great for spreadsheets, but I might need to deal with it anyway.  I am
looking for retinal displays that might work with an iPhone.  An iPad is
compelling enough that I am still looking for a good way to carry it in some
kind of small backpack arrangement.