[ExI] Gov surveillance here to stay

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:40:23 UTC 2012

Flame, Flamer, Skywiper.  These are names given to the 20mb
cyber-espionage trojan(?) crafted -- presumably by the US and Israel
-- to spy on Iran.  This cyber-weapon is described as so sophisticated
that its development required resources so substantial as to be
virtually the exclusive province of high tech nations.  This most
sophisticated cyber-espionage "tool kit" is now in the public domain,
available to every hacker, "extremist", and two-bit psychopath on the
planet. They couldn't have done it themselves, so the US national
security brain trust chose to help out: they developed it, gift
wrapped it, and delivered it free of charge to one and all.  Keeping
us safe from a ridiculous fairy tale of boogieman(not!) Iran.  Can
anyone make sense out of this beyond clueless arrogance?

On the bright side: a little tweak to make it once again invisible,
and every corrupt pol, defense contractor, corporate schemer, and
secretive lobbyist will have the details of their machinations and
larceny published on Wikileaks.

Interesting times indeed!  I don't know whether to dance and sing, or
curl up in a fetal position and whimper.

(Okay, I've decided: dance and sing and bookmark Wikileaks.  Let the
games begin.)

Best, Jeff Davis

"White people are clever, but they are not wise."
              Ishi, the last of the Yahi nation