[ExI] Why is there Something rather than Nothing?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:26:04 UTC 2012

Michael Shermer discusses 12 possible answers to the question of why
there is something rather than nothing.

<http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/12-07-11/#feature>

Now, I find all these speculations about multiple universes, the
multiverse, bubble nucleation of spacetime, branes, etc. all very
interesting.

But, the mind-boggling bit that is worrying me........

Our galaxy is pretty big, with hundreds of billions of star systems.
But when you look out, all these faint points of light turn out to be
hundreds of billions of *galaxies*.
That's a lot of space out there.
And if you have multiple universes, it is all multiplied up again.

You need a big bag to hold all these universes in. Where does all that
*space* come from?
(And who's carrying the bag?).

BillK