[ExI] self-driving cars again

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 17:47:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM, spike wrote:
<snip>
> Those hills aren't good for much of anything but cattle grazing now and very
> few of those: they are too steep for crops or houses and cannot be
> effectively irrigated.  We could make a closed course which proles would pay
> five bucks to let their experimental cars and bikes race down, use it to
> tune up their self-driving car software.  We could make a buttload of money
> and advance technology at the same time, or rather, *you* could advance the
> technology while *I* make the buttload of money.
>
> Ohh, sooo kewallll...

Just a thought that going for a robot motorcycle might be a step too far.
They seem to be very scarce at present. Google only finds a few not
very successful attempts.
You would have to develop all the balance technology as well. I would
move that to phase two, unless you find a determined team that wants
to tackle the problem.

You could try automating something like the Piaggio MP3 curver
three-wheel scooter (minus the engine). That still leans into the
corners and with three wheels, you don't need to develop the balance
tech.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piaggio_MP3>

BillK