[ExI] cybernetic hate crime?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 22:36:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> The reason I write about this is that it is easy to imagine these kinds of
> devices becoming common soon, since memory has rather suddenly become cheap
> enough and power-frugal enough that wearable computers can do a lot of
> useful tasks.  As a society, we need to get over the fact that anyone can
> digitally record anything we do in public.

I understand the surgical interface may be a requirement for full
integration with biology, but it seems this kind of abuse would make
obvious that a break-away design would be a wise feature.  I think it
makes more sense to degrade gracefully all the way to "no signal" than
to risk imminent death from a violent disconnect.  (Not saying that
was true of this case but in general)