[ExI] StemCells Inc.and Alzheimer's.

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 01:37:08 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:12 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> I treasure old friends with whom I shared experiences.  I like to talk to
> them and see how well our recollections agree.  I have at least one friend
> whose old memories have drifted towards the negative.
>
> OK friends, which is it with you?  Do your old memories drift?  If so, which
> way?  Why do you suppose?  Are there other axes besides positive/negative?
> Such as boring/interesting?  Weird/normal?

Are the facts recorded in a neutral encoding and it is the reassembly
that wraps them in your current mindset?

How much of the phenomenal Now is a merely the story we tell ourselves
about the world "out there"?

Why should our memories be any more or less malleable than so-called real time?

Of course this gets into the ol' identity issue(s) but without the
difference of opinion of those around me claiming that I am not who I
say I am, who am I to believe:  my own consistency of
episodic/experiential memory or the photo id card I'm expected to
carry?

for the audio/video inclined: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU
or the text-only club: http://www.purelyrics.com/index.php?lyrics=pxfpopzy