[ExI] Atten: For any extropy technolibertarians -

PJ Manney pjmanney at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 01:52:42 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 5:51 PM, <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
> Probably because I am not a libertarian and he assumes we are connected at
> the hip. Frankly, I really don't like being pigeonholed one way or another.
> I mean -- who cares if a person is a technolibertarian or a
> technoprogressive or technononpartisian or technotranspolitical?!  As long
> as we all are for longer, healthy life and support the technologies that
> will most likely bring this about, why exclude each other?

I'm with Natasha.  I'm not terribly one thing or another and have
always resisted labels, yet I'm on this list.  And I do not want my
comments taken out of context.

I look at the Extropy list like an endless dinner party of
interesting, intelligent people with ideas outside the mainstream that
I enjoy following.  It's why I'm here.  If it was a party at my house,
I would not stick a speaker outside to broadcast only bits and pieces
of the conversation inside, especially without permission.

However, if you build a successful Facebook group, the content
providers will come to you.  Just don't commit the cardinal faux pas
of Facebook and include them in your group without their permission
first.

PJ