[ExI] Solar Insights: why solar will win the energy wars

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:15:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 3:49 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> (do check out dem purty graphs)
>
> http://reneweconomy.com.au/2012/solar-insights-why-solar-will-win-the-energy-wars-80365

Eugen, Interesting stuff. I'm assuming that there is more energy used
in the day time than at night... but what happens on the days the peak
doesn't get so high? Does the electricity come from other countries
over the grid? I would kind of assume that from day to day the demand
would be rather similar, so I'm just wondering how they do it.

I would have thought some of the other power sources would go down as
solar went up, especially hydroelectric, but I don't see too much of
that. I'm just really curious how it all works out. Is some
electricity wasted, or are there users that just pick up whatever is
"out there"?

-Kelly