[ExI] He's Back - Carrico's continued ranting

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 22:29:18 UTC 2012

Posted following comment on his page, for what is worth:

Imagine we were in the middle ages. There is no real democracy. There is
wide spread poverty, people die young. Disease, wars, ignorance are
dominant. You get the picture. Imagine that I'm a visionary and I see how
it is possible to go from where we are in the middle ages to where we could
be let's say in a modern western country circa 2012. Of course this would
be amazing and such a futurist would have an incredible visionary outlook,
but not utterly impossible right (and I'm using this as an extreme to make
a point). Then I start to write pamphlets about the future and what is the
path for mankind. I introduce the concept of democracy, of the scientific
method, how we should get rid of the power of kings and church, how we
should give free education to the children, women included, that science
will help us to produce more food, that people would not work in the field
all their lives, that we can defeat disease, bring water to the houses,
have machine to transport to places, communicate with people over enormous
distance, we could travel to the moon. Continue this list and add anything
you are so familiar with and take for granted from your experience. Think
how a middle ages man, even a very clever and open minded one, would react
to such fantasies about the future:

"These car-cultish people are ridiculous, extend life to 80 years for the
majority of people when most humans die before reaching 30? Give rights to
women, what is next allow sodomites to have sex without being harshly
punished? Or maybe going to bed every day with a full stomach? Such
foolish, elitist thing to say, these airplane-cultist they think they can
fly, like witches do. It is ridiculous and full of hubris".

I can go for ever and if this seems stupid, it is because it is stupid. No
imagination man, it is a medieval sin in particular for a so called artist.

Giovanni