[ExI] He's Back - Carrico's continued ranting

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 23:44:59 UTC 2012

Beautiful article, Natasha.

But to be honest I really have nostalgia for the times when I was an
unicellular organism. Life was so simple and symmetric at that time. I was
almost perfectly round, and I didn't know left from right, with all the
political and existential tension that these terms can bring.

My beautiful and elegant body was without sensory or motor organs but the
currents in the water were carrying me around in an exciting, ever
changing unforeseeable swirling existence. A real dance of life.

I was bumping into food and that was such a blessing, and even if went
hungry at times, I didn't really care because I had not a nervous system to
experience such negative sensation.

Now, I have to actually, not really hunt my food, but at a minimum lift my
butt from the chair to go to a refrigerator and do the effort to open it
and look for eatable stuff in it (not always simple).

I never understood these multi-cellular cultist that wanted to do the next
"step" in evolution.

Such beautiful life the life of a bacterium.

Giovanni