[ExI] He's Back - Carrico's continued ranting

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jun 17 00:29:09 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] He's Back - Carrico's continued ranting

>.Next project is to write a transhumanist version of Italo Calvino
Cosmic-Comics.

The critics should not be the only ones that can laugh at our expenses we
should laugh about ourselves too.   Giovanni

Giovanni, I had to look up your reference to Italo Calvino, and saw he is a
comedian of some sort.  I have been thinking of comedy as a vehicle for
ideas.  Your reference reminded me of a brilliant comic strip character we
had here in the early 90s, Calvin and Hobbes.  The strip ended 17 years ago,
but I still see people reading the complied books to this day.  Watterson
introduced plenty of thought-provoking ideas through those characters.
Cartooning seems like such a terrific way of aiding meme penetration.