[ExI] He's Back - Carrico's continued ranting

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jun 17 01:01:44 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] He's Back - Carrico's continued ranting

>>.Giovanni, I had to look up your reference to Italo Calvino, and saw he is
a comedian of some sort.  I have been thinking of comedy as a vehicle for
ideas.  Your reference reminded me of a brilliant comic strip character we
had here in the early 90s, Calvin and Hobbes. spike

>.Not sure if you have ever read these stories, but even if not exactly
transhumanist in theme, they talk about how existence can embody different
forms and places, in the vast cosmic play. .Cosmicomics:
<http://irenebrination.typepad.com/files/calvino-italo-cosmicomics.pdf>
http://irenebrination.typepad.com/files/calvino-italo-cosmicomics.pdf

Giovanni Santostasi

OK cool, question please intellectual property hipsters.  Imagine I create a
comic strip or a transhumanist presentation in Microsloth Powerpoint.  Does
Bill Gates own that?  I did a presentation about MBrains last fall to an
engineering group using that format.  I am not an artist, but I have gotten
competent in creating some really interesting looking art in Powerpoint.  I
never really thought much about the intellectual property angle, the fact
that I was using PP is equivalent to writing in someone else's book in a
sense.  Is it?  Is there a better public domain or Open Office equivalent to
PP with all the same art tools?