[ExI] Of Flying Cars and the Declining Rate of Profit

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 19:20:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could the answer be that both the United States and the Soviet Union had
> been, in the century before, societies of pioneers, one expanding across the
> Western frontier, the other across Siberia?

This was the factual error that stood out the most to me.

(Answer: no, because the Soviet Union - and before it, Russia -
claimed Siberia long before the 19th century.  A bit of research
shows it was fully claimed by the mid-17th century, but even
without that, you have to aggressively make up stuff to believe
that 19th century Siberia was socially similar to 19th century
western North America.)