[ExI] Of Flying Cars and the Declining Rate of Profit

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 22:39:22 UTC 2012

Why microtechnology should preclude the development of macrotechnology?
Maybe because macrotechnology is less marketable and it takes much more
time to develop.
What I take from the article is a the general, overall message. It may be
wrong in some of the historical details or in some technological
terminology but the overall message is something that makes you to sit and
ponder.

Corporatism is fascism incarnated as Mussolini aptly said.
It is a suffocating machine that allows control and manipulation of masses
and it can only serve small elites in the inner circle.

It has short sight, greedy goals. We don't have the future of science
fiction because I grandiose vision of life, an epic vision of life is what
is needed and corporatism cannot offer that, in fact it fears that.
This why so many people find refuge in video games (another simulation) to
find an epic dimension of life and corporatism is fine with that.

The article most powerful analysis is why corporatism is trying to resist
at any cost full automation and its final consequence that is
democratization of the means of production and rather use modern slavery to
continue to have control of production.

That is the core of the matter.

In fact, this is the fundamental question (that corporatism is trying to
avoid to answer at any cost): what will happen to our economical and social
organization when almost of the manual jobs and non creative jobs (from
factory worker, to taxi and truck driver, to cashier and even lawyers and
accountants) are done by robots?

The only solution I can imagine that doesn't require widespread riots and
social revolution is redistributing and equalizing wealth.

Giovanni