[ExI] nintendo ds for grownups

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 05:47:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> What we really need is exactly a Nintendo DS,
> modified software-wise to accommodate a spreadsheet.

One option is to simply use the DS's Web browser (an Opera
variant) with Web-enabled spreadsheets.  'Course, you can't
edit locally, because there is no local file system.

That said, a DS's screen is in fact smaller than a large
smartphone's screen.  (I have an iPhone and a DS lying
around.)  True, the DS has two - but if you're giving one over
to a soft keypad, then a smartphone with a slide-out keyboard
will give you more screen space in the end (it's the same as
2 larger screens, 1 permanently given over to the keyboard).
If you're having trouble reading text on a smartphone, you
would have trouble reading text at the same font size on a DS
(though apps on the DS tend to use a larger font size).