[ExI] now + 10k

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:20:10 UTC 2012

In 10k years we will have joined the Mysterions, wherever they are,
and left it for the next iteration of emerging intelligence, in their
version of the Fermi question, to wonder why they are seemingly alone
in the universe.

I expect that within the next 20-30 years, because it's not hard to
do, and barring comprehensive government surveillance by advanced
machine intelligence to prevent it, some emotionally-distressed yet
capable autodidact will release a diy bio-weapon which will kill most
human life not situated in remote isolation.

Soviet bio-weapons makers made just such a "weapon", apparently as an
experiment, confirmed its easy creation and ghastly effectiveness, and
then did something with it (who can say what?) -- put it in storage or
destroyed it.

Have a nice day, or not, YMMV.

Best, Jeff Davis