[ExI] Should the US fund life-extension research?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 07:39:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Adrian Tymes  wrote:
> It means you have Done Something, so you might no longer think
> you should also write a letter.
>
> For the vast majority of people, this is a problem.  Perhaps not
> you or I, but the issue here is getting a bunch of people to do the
> right thing, so one must acknowledge and design around the habits
> of the majority.

You have a generational clash here.

Old politicians notice receiving a hand-written letter.

Anybody under 20 has probably never written a letter in their life.
They hardly ever use email either. It takes too much time to structure
an email properly.
Texting, IM, Facebook provide the instant gratification they require.

BillK