[ExI] Farming

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:19:45 UTC 2012

2012/3/1 J.R. Jones <mrjones2020 at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Doesn't this only illustrate the gap between us fortunate ones and
>> those scratching at the dirt hoping to yield enough food to make it to
>> another day of scratching at the dirt?
>
> The 'fortunate' ones only remain so, so long as the current system is in
> place.  I don't think you'll feel so fortunate, should you go to Giant Eagle
> tomorrow to find the shelves empty, with no means/knowledge to replace the
> items you intended to purchase.

You are so right.  I imagine this is one of those
population-correcting events that ensures the strongest will survive:
either the smartly prepared or the brutest takers will remain after I
have starved (and many like me).

I pretty sure it wouldn't take very long without supplies for polite
society to turn very ugly.