[ExI] Axiological Risk (was ? Risk:)

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 06:46:17 UTC 2012

 ----- Original Message -----

Yes. Your friend does have a good point. I'll up the ante on him: Might *not* developing the means for self-directed evolution be an existential risk?

Allow me to phrase it another way: Might not having the ability to keep the gills we all develop and lose in the womb into adulthood pose an existential risk in a world with melting ice packs and rising sea levels? I can think of other scenarios if your friend doubts.

> It is of course an individual risk too for all of us.

Yes, the fatality rate of death is alarming. ;-)

Stuart LaForge

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." -Thucydides