[ExI] Bug guts and other fare

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 22:52:17 UTC 2012

________________________________

FWIW honey is a source calories that last forever without refrigeration. Archaeologists have found edible honey in ancient tombs.

>You have heard me go on about how our digestive systems can handle bugs, ja?  How do I know?  Well, I know that if the bugs are crushed and their, um… >whatever is inside a bug gets into honey from the centrifugal extractor, it doesn’t seem to harm anyone, ja?  Have you ever heard of anyone getting sick from >honey?  I haven’t.  So bug guts won’t hurt you a bit.  If you are the squicky type and like honey, I advise you not ask too many questions.  {8^D

When I was going through jungle survival training at Forth Sherman, Panama, the instructors who were all elite special forces, made one thing clear to me:

In a survival situation, if one must choose between eating an unidentified plant or an unidentified animal, go with the unidentified animal. Plants generally produce toxins while animals generally do not. So if you eat an unidentified plant or mushroom in the woods, you are taking a huge risk. If you eat a moving critter in the woods cooked or raw, no matter how disgusting it might be, you will likely be fine.

Stuart LaForge

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." -Thucydides.