[ExI] The NSA's new data center

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 23:46:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:26 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> What would be even better is if some of you code-hipster privacy fans can
> figure out a way to arrange for others to log on as me elsewhere and still
> make it become part of my online profile and my search history.  That would
> be a kick!  Become a melded generic extropian avatar, our search histories a
> superset of all those currently reading these words.  The presence of that
> tech would discourage the data snoops, for their whole exercise of
> data-mining and search profiling would become pointless.
>
> Extra credit if our alternate selves are on another continent.
>
> Eugen, how do we do it?  Can I just post you my passwords?

If use Tor (for example) you become responsible for the actions of
every other user of that service.  So maybe Spike's friends on Exl
can't hold him accountable to the things he said while someone else
was using his identity, but Spike may also be selected arbitrarily to
be held accountable for things said (and done) by others when he
wasn't even around to suggest DDOS (for example) might not be a good
plan.

I wouldn't risk it.