[ExI] scammers sending LinkedIn, RE: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu May 24 13:48:15 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of BillK

>...Apart from virus infections, Linkedin (and other social site members)
need to also watch out for phishing 'friend' requests...

Cool thanks BillK.

Kevin Haskell is one of ours, posted a few notes on ExI within the last
year, seemed sane to me.  I took him off moderation, but he didn't post much
after that.

>... from our friends in Nigeria... BillK

Nigeria again!  Oh the hapless Nigerians.  For some odd reason that
benighted land became ground zero for scammers.  I can't explain it, just
happened that way. But what if... a truly honest, charitable rich person
from Nigeria really did want to give away a ton of money?  Could she do it?

Think of it this way: we have at least one major religious system (vaguely
embraced by perhaps a quarter of humanity (depending on how you count (let
us assume loosely embrace))) that rewards gullibility with eternal life.  In
that system one need not be righteous exactly, but rather just to believe in
the religion, at which time the deity ignores one's sins, etc.  So it is so
amazing that some really rich person would want to lavish rewards on the
gullible?  And if so, Nigeria would be the perfect spot to base one's
operation, ja?  And the more implausible (but perfectly true) the scenario,
the better the scheme would work.

That could be the perfect gag, if not for the fact that it would be so
expensive.