[ExI] Bringing new life to dead matter

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Fri May 25 20:15:15 UTC 2012

I disagree with his ascription of consciousness to humans only.  I believe
consciousness is a byproduct of energy flows intricately related to
entropy/complexity. The annihilation of complements provides energy and
entropy, and this is the forge of conscious perception and experience.  We
can only perceive of consciousness on neurological time scales, but I have
been questioning recently whether we are in the looooong cognition of
"Gaia" through breeding and selection, as gods small and large, planets and
humans, learn about themselves through the lens of the complement.
Obviously we can't cogitate Gaia thoughts as a neuron cannot cogitate human
thoughts.