[ExI] Bringing new life to dead matter

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sun May 27 02:03:56 UTC 2012

Extropians,

There seems to already be an emerging expert consensus theory that
predicts exactly how to define this stuff and how science is about to
prove such is true - which if such does occur, as being predicted, it
will obviously prove to everyone that they are right, and what
consciousness is.

At least there is a clear consensus, till you get down to the difference
between "Functional Property Dualism" (Chalmers' "subjective" camp where
a quale like redness is correlated with the right function, whether it
is neurons or silicon see: http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/88/8) vs
"Material Property Dualism", more of an "essentialist" camp that
predicts without the right stuff, in the right state, no redness quale
is possible.  (see: http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/88/7 )  Obviously
both of these are very testable theories for which it is only a matter
of time till they demonstrate which one is THE ONE.

My money is with the consensus and the Materialst view.  What about
you?  Any other view?

Brent Allsop