[ExI] Peak Oil -- Amory Lovins

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu May 31 08:45:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 01:56:07AM -0600, Kelly Anderson wrote:

> Honestly, from what he said, he did take them into account. He was
> talking about global peaks. We can disagree with him in our gut all we
> want, but he's got the real numbers... and I would hate to bet against
> him on this stuff.

You're taking one guy, on his word, without knowing the details
which were not subjected to peer review? Really?

> > If the Chinese and Indians figure out a way to leapfrog our technology from
> > the latter 20th century, then I would agree we may have seen peak demand for
> > oil.  But it isn't clear that they will do that, in which case they will
> > want their personal ape-haulers and will drive the wheels off of them, just
> > as we did.  The demand on oil will be astonishing.
>
> I don't know the basis for Lovin's claims precisely. I am pretty sure

If you don't know what his claims are precisely, why are you wasting
your time, and ours?

Amory Lovins has 331 hits on The Oil Drum. A possibly more focused
search still gives 59 hits http://www.theoildrum.com/search/apachesolr_search/%22amory%20lovins%22
I'm not going to read them, but perhaps you should.