[ExI] Life @ Playstation

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:09:13 UTC 2012

On 7 November 2012 10:09, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> Maybe you hang around with the wrong society?

It may be... :-)

Or, since I was of course speaking of megatrends, the increasing
"monetarisation" of social values, status, power, peer recognition, etc.,
may just be my taking at face value rants which in fact have been
widespread since the Ancien Régime, and often with reactionary undertones.

Hard data however exist with regard to the comparative appeal of different
educational and career paths for brilliant students, or with regard to the
evolution of the comparative influence, subjective sense of achievement and
life standards of people in different social roles, which are not entirely
comforting as to what is worth what in our societies and the future of the
latter.

--
Stefano Vaj