[ExI] Gifted children

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Wed Nov 7 21:23:46 UTC 2012

On 07/11/2012 11:51, BillK wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Sondre Bjellås  wrote:
>> Which country would be a good alternative where one would be able to get a
>> visa, permanent residency?

Hmm, practically this sounds like Scandinavia. Looks like from a PISA
education perspective you should aim at Finland.
https://ourtimes.wordpress.com/2008/04/10/oecd-education-rankings/#science
Not sure that is a rational choice given language issues, though -
Finnish is likely a chore to learn given its non-Germanic nature. Sweden
also has a more extensive private school system, although the overall
educational quality is lower than Finland (which seem to run a pure
state school system). No real idea about Denmark.

Generally I think it is healthy to shop for countries that suit you.
More people ought to vote with their feet. Of course, being an EU
citizen I have it particularly easy (the free movement is a saving grace
that outweighs a sizeable amount of the evil in Brussels). And kids
might not understand the benefit they are gaining from seeing different
cultures. But it is there.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute