[ExI] question re p2p wireless

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:17:16 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I've got a laptop with built in wireless..  You have a laptop with built in
> wireless.  We're both running windows.  Mine is XP.  We're in the same room.
> How do I get my laptop to communicate privately and directly with yours --
> no internet mediation, just our two laptops -- using our built in wireless?

The normal method would be to use a wireless router in your home. Then
any pc or laptop can join the network if you provide the network
password and if they enable file sharing, communicate.

If you just want a small two station peer to peer link, try
<http://www.ehow.com/how_8428834_create-peer-peer-wifi-network.html>
but linking different OSs can be awkward using this system.

BillK