[ExI] riots again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 19:41:27 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Understandable? Justifiable? Even useful, perhaps? But what is exactly
> "noble" in acting for one's own best interest and protection or in seeking
> revenge for torts?

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything that is understandable
justifiable and useful that is not noble, particularly if it works to my
own best interests.

>>As a libertarian and a Extropian I have nothing against the drug trade.
>>

> > I am a staunch anti-prohibitionist myself, but this does not mean that I
> like much the players in the current criminalised market... I am pro-choice
> as well, but those engaged in the black market of abortion were quite
> despicable, for instance. Ditto for Al Capone and his friends with alcohol.

There are certainly a lot of unpleasant characters in the illegal drug
trade, but then if government made chocolate bars illegal then the
underground Hershey candy company and the underground Mars candy company
would have no way
to settle disputes except through baseball bats and machine guns.

  John k Clark